This blog installment will serve a good purpose, my fellow QuickBooks user. QuickBooks users know that they have to pay their taxes annually by filing a form called a W-2. Users can print or reprint W-2 in QuickBooks as much as they want. These forms contain details about where users need to pay the tax.
Please read the entire blog.
QuickBooks in short
This gives you everything about accounting in your system, i.e., taxation, accounting, bookkeeping, inventory, payroll, etc. As part of taxation, users need to fill out the W-2 form, which can be accessed from the ‘Payroll’ function. This application reduces the user’s time and cost as it can be filed directly from here. There’s a reason why QuickBooks is a hit in the American market. We wonder if this is the reason.
What are W-2 forms
W2 is an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) form. officially known as a Wage and Tax Statement. For, payroll purposes, the W-2 form is essential. Information about your employees’ wages and health taxes can be found on a W-2 form. Additionally, the form contains information about tax deductions from paychecks, which can be helpful to employees, particularly when they are preparing their tax returns. Taxpayers have to pay their dues by January 31 of every year.
The Point of the W-2 forms
In order to file taxes, an employer must deduct a portion of an employee’s salary. In any case, the sum deducted is sent to the IRS toward the end of every month. The W-2 forms help you figure out the exact amount when you calculate the return at the end of the year.
How to print W-2s in QuickBooks Online Payroll
To print W-2s in QuickBooks Online Payroll, follow the rules below:
- Click on Payroll Center, after visiting Employees.
- Check if the File Forms tab is available.
- Select Forms & W-2s to view and print.
- After entering your PIN for payroll, select OK.
- Choose the tab for W-2s.
- Select the year, then select individual or all employee
- Select Open/Save Selected.
How to Reprint W2 in QuickBooks Assisted Payroll?
The readers have to be careful here. As such, when you want to reprint W-2 in QuickBooks Assisted Payroll, make sure that the W-2 form has the word “REISSUED STATEMENT” in it. Then, attach copies of 2, B, and C. Finally, you must provide a copy of the W2 form filling instructions.
- Open the Payroll Tax Center in QuickBooks.
- Under Employees, select Payroll Center.
- Click View/Print forms and W2s under the File Forms
- Now, click OK after entering your payroll PIN.
- Click the W2 Page to see the rundown of workers. (in case, you don’t find the list of employees then click View/Print W-2 forms for all years)
- You can now view and print your employees’ W2 forms by clicking on their names.
- Now select View Reprints and check to see that the W2 forms have the REISSUED STATEMENT watermark, which is added automatically.
- Open forms with Adobe Reader and print them on perforated paper.
How to find w-2 in QuickBooks?
Users should follow this method to find the W-2 forms:
- Click the Taxes tab in the left navigation bar.
- Choose Payroll Tax at the top of the page.
- Select All Employees or a specific employee from the drop-down menu.
- Click the W-2, Copies B, C & 2 link
Where Can I Find My Past W-2?
To request a wage and income transcript containing your W-2 information, go to irs.gov and click on Get Your Tax Record.”
Save W2 Forms using Adobe Reader
- Head to the File
- Then, select the Save
- Thereafter, you can pick a location to save the form on your computer.
- Lastly, press the Save
I need to reprint last year’s W-2s. Where are my old w-2’s kept?
Users can reprint W-2 forms in QuickBooks as much as they want. You can reprint your old W-2s here in this way:
- Select Employees from the menu.
- Click Process Payroll Forms after selecting Payroll Tax Forms and W-2s.
- Find the W-2 form, from the prior year under Filing History.
- Click the link in the Saved PDF column to view and print your W-2 data.
How do I find the previous year’s W-2 in QuickBooks?
Here’s how you should find your previous year’s W-2s. The previous years’ W-2s are saved under the Filing History” in the Payroll Centre. To access and print them:
- Click on the Employees
- Select Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s, then click Process Payroll Forms.
- Under Filing History, find the prior year’s W-2.
- To access and print your W-2 information, click on the link under the Saved PDF
QuickBooks W-2 pdf can be viewed in Adobe Reader and can be printed as well. Here’s how you can do it:
- Select the option labeled Payroll Tax Center.
- Select the Workers choice.
- Then, click on the Finance Center.
- Choose File Forms from the menu.
- Select W-2s from the View/Print Forms menu.
- Fill in your Payroll PIN
- Select the OK option.
- Click on View Employee W2 forms now. This displays all years’ links.
- Click on the Employee’s name here if you want to print the W2 form for them.
- Then, at that point, stick to the on-screen instructions given by Adobe Reader.
- Select Print from the File menu.
More To Read: Connect bank account to QuickBooks
How to access the archived forms if the subscription of payroll is inactive
You can look through the filed W-2 forms in the folder that contains documented information without launching the QuickBooks program. The location of the files is C: UsersPublicDocumentsIntuitQuickBooksSample Company FileQuickBooks XXXX (write the company name) Tax Form History.
In the final segment, we can say that it is imperative that employees usually seek a W-2 form to file for tax, hence, the reprint W-2 function in QuickBooks is a standard function to utilize. In this way, it cuts down on time and cost for the comparatively smaller businesses in the USA.
Readers will find here an idea of what is W-2 forms and their easy access via QuickBooks. QuickBooks provides tremendous facilities for W-2 forms for employees, which is evident in the article.