Do you find it challenging to prepare for your tax returns or any other financial transactions on account of losing a printed copy of W2 forms? No worries as it’s so normal for many QuickBooks Payroll users. They either forget to print a copy of their W2 forms or lose it somewhere. In such a scenario, it’s required to reprint W2 in QuickBooks as soon as possible else it can affect your financial status.
Well, the W2 forms are the statements that contain all the important information related to the wages and salaries of the employees that must be paid by their employer. The need to reprint prior W2 forms in QuickBooks can be observed due to a missing, corrupted, or damaged form from the employee’s end.
Things to consider Before Filing W2 Forms
Before filing your W-2 forms, make sure that the employer and the employees both have copies of such forms as it is a foremost part of your year-end tasks. However, if you’re an employee, don’t need to worry about paying taxes, your employer deducts the amount from your paycheck and files your taxes on your behalf.
Hence, an employer requires to give account details to know how much amount is being deducted from the employee’s wages as a tax on an annual basis.
To get better insight into the same, read the blog till the end.
Procedure to create your W-2 Forms in QuickBooks!
To reprint W2 in QuickBooks, you need to first create it properly. Let’s see how:
- In the inception, go to the Employees menu.
- Now, you have to select the Payroll Tax Forms and W-2s then click on Process Payroll Forms.
- Under the File Forms section, select the Annual form W-2/W-3 – Wage and Tax Statement Transmittal.
- Then, tap on Create Form.
Steps to Submit your W-2s Forms in QuickBooks!
Once done, now it’s time to send your file electronically before you reprint W2 in QuickBooks. Here are the steps to be performed on your own.
- The very first step is to choose All Employees or Employee’s last name to file by batch under the Process W-2s page.
- Now, you need to enter the year of the form you’re filling out under the Select Filing Period section and then press OK.
- In the Select Employees for Form W-2/W-3 window, opt for the employees. To select all employees displayed, you can click on Mark All.
- Tap on E-File Federal Forms.
- You must type your business phone number and email address on the login screen.
- Last but not least, hit the Submit tab.
QuickBooks W-2 form alignment
Always remember that all tax forms in QuickBooks require a PDF viewer when printing. Hence, make sure to perform a print test on blank paper to check if the alignment is correct with the boxes prior to printing your W-2s pre-printed forms. Implement the steps given below:
- To start off, choose Employees then tap on Payroll Tax Forms, W-2s, and also Process Payroll Forms.
- Next, click File Forms, then select the Annual Form W-2/W-3 – Wage and Tax Statement/Transmittal and press the Create Form button.
- Click on either All Employees or the last name of the Employee.
- You need to enter a filing period in the Year field, then hit the OK tab.
- Furthermore, click Print/E-file.
- In the Print W-2 and W-3 Forms window, select Print Test.
If it still doesn’t align, go through these steps to correct the alignment:
- Under the W-2 and W-3 forms window, click on Align and go through the Pre-printed forms alignment page, then you’ve to adjust the alignment.
- Choose Print Test to check the result of your alignment.
- In case the alignment is already correct and accurate, press OK.
Learn how to Preview your W-2s!
Before going to reprint W2 in QuickBooks, you need to preview your employees’ W-2s from December 2, 2022, through January 1, 2023. The steps included in this section are highlighted below:
- In the beginning, select Taxes and then click on Payroll Taxes.
- Next, hit the Filings tab.
- You must select Resources.
- Afterward, tap on W-2s.
- Choose Manage W-2s on W-2 Copies B, C, & 2 (employee) from Employee W-2s.
- To finish, opt for the employees you wish to preview then click on View and print.
Understand the ways to reprint W2 in QuickBooks Desktop!
To print W2 in QuickBooks once again, you’re supposed to check out the steps enumerated below:
- To begin with, navigate to the Employees menu.
- Now, choose the Payroll Tax forms and W-2s then tap on Process Payroll forms.
- Click on the Annual form W-2/W-3 – Wage and Tax Statement Transmittal under the File forms tab.
- Afterward, press the Create Form button to create it.
- In the File Form window, tap on the name of the employee and the filling period.
- Hit Submit Form to continue printing.
- You must click on the Print/E file to open the Print W-2 and W-3 Forms window.
- Finally, Print the form.
Get your answer: Where is the forms button under payroll taxes so I can reprint W-2’s?
To find the forms tab under payroll taxes or to reprint prior year W-2s with a record copy watermark, implement the steps provided below:
- At first, choose Reports & Forms, Forms, and Tax Forms.
- Now, click twice on Payroll Tax Forms to open the payroll tax form selector.
- Tap on Existing Form and then press OK.
- Afterward, select the desired W-2 to reprint and then hit the Edit tab.
- In the end, follow the on-screen prompts to reprint completed W-2s.
How do you reprint a W2 when the filling period is too far in the past?
Unable to reprint prior or previous W2 forms? It’s fine as the QuickBooks Desktop allows you to print your older W-2 using the form for the current filing year. That’s why sometimes it’s showing 2020 instead of 2018 even though it has the 2018 data. However, in case you archived this form when you file it last year, it can be easier to pull it up in the Saved Filings tab. This gives you the 2018 W-2 form. The steps for the same are as follows:
- In the Payroll Center, navigate to the Payroll tab.
- Now, hit the File Forms tab.
- From the Filing History, select Saved Filings.
- Find the 2018 W-2 form, then tap on the link under the Saved PDF column.
You have the option to download the 2018 W-2 form from the IRS website and manually fill it out. For your reference, you can just pull up a tax worksheet from QuickBooks software. The steps included in this section are stated below:
- Head to the Reports menu.
- Next, select Employees & Payroll, hover over More Payroll Reports in Excel, and then click on Tax Form Worksheets.
- Choose Annual W-2/W-3 from the downloaded Excel file and later change the year to 2018.
- And lastly, tap on Create Report.
Really don’t you have any idea about how to reprint W2 in QuickBooks? No need to worry at all as our QuickBooks representatives are always available to assist you to the fullest. Well, it’s not new to get into such printing-related issues while trying to print the W2 form once again after losing its printed copy.
This issue typically occurs due to a missing, damaged, or corrupted form from the employee’s end. However, if you’re experiencing a similar issue and find yourself alone in this then feel free to get in touch with us to overcome this problem within zero amount of time.