10 Creative Ways to Build Backlinks for your website
A backlink is a link created when one website links to another. Backlinks are also called “inbound links” or “incoming links.” The main purpose of backlinks is to improve the ranking of a website in search engine results pages (SERP).
The number and quality of backlinks are the most important ranking factors for Google. Google uses algorithms to measure the quality and quantity of backlinks pointing to a website, and these factors play a big role in determining where a site will rank in the SERP.
So, how to build quality backlinks, there are many different ways to create them. Some common methods include guest blogging, directory listings, press releases, social media posts, and Forum signatures.
Do-Follow and No-Follow Link
When it comes to building backlinks, there are two types of links you can create: do-follow and no-follow. Do-follow links are the kind that passes along link juice, or link equity, to the website they’re linking to. No-follow links, on the other hand, don’t pass along link juice and are mostly used for branding purposes.
If you’re looking to build backlinks that will actually help your website rank higher in search engines, then you want to focus on creating do-follow links.
How to know the link was do-follow?
If you want to know if a link was do-follow or no-follow, just easily right-click on the link and select inspect. The browser will tell you accordingly.
If the link contains the rel=”nofollow” attribute, then it’s a “nofollow” link and won’t help your website. But if the link doesn’t have that attribute, then it’s a “dofollow” link and will help your website.
So, when you build backlinks to your website this important information should never miss.
Now, let’s discuss the ways to get backlinks.
1. Creating shareable content
If you want to build backlinks free for your website, one of the best ways to do so is by creating shareable content. By creating content that is interesting and useful, you increase the chances that others will link to it. Here are some tips for creating shareable content:
- Write interesting and informative articles.
- Create infographics that are visually appealing and informative.
- Make videos that are entertaining and educational.
- Offer free e-books or white papers on topics related to your business.
- Provide helpful tips, advice, and tutorials on your blog or website.
- Create tools or resources that are useful for your target audience.
- Offer free trials or samples of your products or services.
- Make it easy for others to share your content by including share buttons on the page with your content.
Create compelling content for your audience, if the reader feels that useful or valuable, they are willing to share your content. The more people share your content the more backlink you will get.
2. Utilizing social media
Social media is a powerful tool that can be used to build backlinks free for your website. Here are some creative ways to use social media to build backlinks:
1. Create informative and shareable content. Content that is informative and shareable is more likely to be linked to by other websites.
2. Use social media platforms to promote your content. Share your content on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
3. Reach out to influencers in your industry. If you can get influential people in your industry to share your content, it will help build backlinks to your website.
4. Share your expert knowledge on popular online social media and discussion boards related to your industry.
Most of the social media and no-follow links, but remember these links can bring traffic to your website. If your content was valuable and worth sharing, it can get more traffic even if that is a no-follow link.
3. Outreach for build backlinks
Most website owners know that backlinks are important for SEO. But what they may not realize is that outreach is a key part of getting high-quality backlinks. Outreach involves contacting other website owners, bloggers, and influencers to let them know about your site and ask them to link to it.
There are a few different ways to go about doing outreach. One is to find websites in your niche that have good traffic and contact the owner to see if they’d be interested in featuring your website on their site.
Another way is to reach out to popular bloggers and ask if they would be willing to write a post on your website. And finally, you can also contact influencers in your niche and see if they would be willing to share your content with their followers.
4. Join a forum in your niche
There are many benefits to joining forums in your niche. First, it allows you to build relationships with other people who are interested in the same topics as you. This can be a great way to network and learn from others in your field. Additionally, participating in forums can help build backlinks free to your website.
If you’re not sure where to start, try doing a search for “forums + [your niche]” or “[your niche] + forums.” For example, if you’re a web designer, you might search for “web design forums” or “designer forums.” Once you find some relevant results, take a look around and see which forums seem active and welcoming.
Most of the forums they not allow you to add links to them, even no-follow links. But not all, if your link provides really helpful information or solution for other users, it should be no problem to share your link.
Make sure all the links are relevant to the topic. If you maybe will be banned by the forum owner. Also, if your links are not relevant to the topic, the search engine will ignore most of the links.
5. Creating a directory or resource page
One way to build backlinks for your website is to create a directory or resource page. This is a page on your website that contains a list of other websites, resources, or tools that your visitors can use. By including links to these other websites, you can help them get more traffic and improve their search engine ranking.
Creating a directory or resource page is relatively easy. First, you need to choose a topic for your page. Then, find websites, resources, or tools that would be relevant to that topic. Finally, add those links to your page and provide a brief description of each.
If you want your directory or resource page to be successful, it’s important to keep it updated regularly. This means adding new links as you find them and removing any that are no longer active.
Most of the readers will collect this kind of information, maybe bookmark it or share it with their audience. So you can easily build backlinks from it.
6. Developing partnerships
Partnerships are a great way to build backlinks for your website. There are many benefits to developing partnerships, including:
1. You can tap into new markets and reach new audiences.
2. Partners can help promote your website and link to your content.
3. You can develop relationships with other businesses in your industry, which can lead to future opportunities.
4. Partnerships can help improve your search engine ranking by increasing the number of high-quality backlinks to your website.
5. You can create joint content or products that you can both promote on your respective websites or social media channels.
6. You can offer exclusive discounts or deals to partners’ customers, which can encourage them to link to your website.
7. You can participate in joint marketing or advertising campaigns, which can generate more exposure for your website.
8. Write a collaborative blog post. This is the most basic way to start a joint venture with another business. Simply write a blog post together, or share each other’s content in your own blog posts. You can also mention one another in your respective social media posts.
7. Creating an infographic
An infographic is a great way to build backlinks for your website. By creating an informative and visually appealing graphic, you can earn links from other websites that want to share your content. Here are a few tips for creating an effective infographic:
1. Choose a catchy topic that will appeal to your target audience.
2. Make sure your data is accurate and up-to-date. Nothing turns off readers more than outdated information.
3. Use strong visuals to tell your story. A good mix of charts, graphs, and images will keep viewers engaged.
4. Keep it short and sweet. No one wants to read an infographic that goes on for pages and pages. Get your point across quickly and efficiently.
5. Promote your infographic on social media and other online channels. The more eyes you can get on it, the better!
8. Guest Post
One creative way to build backlinks for your website is to guest post on other people’s blogs. This can be a great way to get exposure for your own site while also helping to build relationships with other bloggers in your niche.
When looking for guest posting opportunities, be sure to target blogs that are relevant to your own site’s topic. This will help ensure that the audience you’re reaching is one that is interested in what you have to say. Once you’ve found a few potential guest posting sites, reach out to the blog owners and pitch them your ideas for articles.
If you’re able to land a guest post spot, be sure to write high-quality content that will leave a positive impression on the site’s readers. In addition, be sure to include a link back to your own website in your author bio.
If you want to build backlinks for your website, one of the best ways to do it is to conduct interviews. This can be done in a number of ways, such as through podcasts, videocasts, or even traditional print interviews.
When you interview someone, they are effectively endorsing your website by agreeing to talk to you. This endorsement can then be used to help build links back to your site.
There are a few things to keep in mind when conducting interviews for link-building purposes. First, make sure that the person you interview is relevant to your audience and niche. Second, ensure that the interview is interesting and informative. And finally, make sure to promote the interview after it has been conducted – this is where the real link-building benefits come into play.
10. Broken Link
In SEO, a broken link is a link that no longer leads to the page it’s supposed to. This can happen for a number of reasons, but most often it’s because the page has been moved or deleted.
Broken links are bad for SEO because they create a poor user experience. When someone clicks on a link and it doesn’t work, they’re likely to bounce from your site and may not come back. Google also takes notice when there are a lot of broken links on a site, and it can hurt your ranking as a result.
So, find the website on your niche, and look for the broken links. You can do this using a tool like Screaming Frog or by manually checking your website periodically.
Once you’ve found them, you can then contact the website owner and let them know about the broken link and offer to provide a working link from your website. This is a great way to get high-quality backlinks from authority websites.
Backlinks are important for any website looking to rank higher in search engine results pages. By increasing the number of backlinks pointing to a website, that website can improve its position in SERPs. There are many ways to build backlinks, but some are more effective than others.
Creating high-quality content is one of the best ways to earn backlinks. By producing informative, well-written articles, you can attract the attention of other webmasters who may want to link to your site. Furthermore, writing guest posts for other blogs is a great way to get your name and your website’s URL out there.
Backlinks are still the most important ranking factor for SEO, and website owners need to focus on creating a diverse portfolio of backlinks to improve their rankings.
Hope you enjoy this article, if you found something valuable, please help me to share it with others too. If you have a question about the build backlinks, please leave me a comment below and tell me what you think. Thank you for reading.